Adapted from cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld.
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
¾ C. brown sugar or coconut sugar
¾ C. butter or coconut oil
2 egg whites or 1 egg or 1 chia egg
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 C. gluten free all-purpose flour
½ C. old fashioned gluten free oats
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¾ C. nuts (optional)
¾ C. raisins (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or
2. In a stand mixer, beat sugar and butter or coconut oil until smooth.
3. Beat in egg whites (or 1 egg), vanilla and chickpeas. Mix to your liking for the chickpea
4. In a separate bowl, mix together: flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms.
6. Add the chocolate chips, and other optional ingredients.
7. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets leaving some space between each
8. Using a fork, or the palm of your hand, gently flatten the tops of each dough ball.
9. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Do NOT overbake.
10. Transfer to wire rack and cool